Millard Consultants have a wealth of experience in estate management, working with charitable organisations as well as private portfolios.
We can provide a clerking consultancy service that is bespoke to your requirements working to achieve your objectives without charging the earth. We also offer a unique combination of streamlined efficient management, a strategic overview of risks and liabilities carried out against the backdrop of a primary consideration of saving valuable funds.
As a serving Clerk to several local Charities, I fully understand the complex and often conflicting demands experienced by charitable organisations, many of which struggle with the demands of contemporary society, conflicting legislation and the management of portfolios. I have a particular expertise in Almshouse management and have carried out a number of strategic reviews of working practices for these organisations.
Millards can offer you the following services:
- Traditional clerkship and administration duties
- Day-to-day management duties
- Provision of one-off or regular audits of working practices and procedures
- Landlord and Tennant dispute resolution
- Ongoing professional advice and support
- Signposting to experienced specialist practitioners where required
- Meeting preparation and administration to include Agendas and Minutes
- Trustee recruitment, induction and management
- Governing document reviews and assessments
- Revision of grant giving to include due diligence procedures
- Branding, marketing and PR to include social media, websites and separate email accounts
- Revision or production of policy documents to include; Reserves Policies, Risk Management, Grievance Procedures, Data Protection, Conflict of Interest, GDPR statements etc.
- Strategic reviews
- Liaison with the Charity Commission
- Liaison with the Almshouse Association
- Asset management, including lettings and sales
- I am listed on the Almshouse Association panels of experts
In my experience, many charities continue to work ‘the way they always have’ however, a little investment can often result in improved financial efficiencies and increased security of tenure in the future viability of the benevolent status.
At Millards our work is governed by the requirements set out by the Charity Commission, Almshouse Association, and other Governing bodies as required.